Memorable Moments…A Look Back on 16 Years in Scotland
I blame Facebook for continuing to take me down memory lane, but it has also been the inspiration for this blog post.
From Facebook, I get multiple “You have memories with… each week”.
These memories include a wide range of photos and statuses that I have shared over the years. Some are nostalgic, some are encouraging, and some are awesome reminders of how faithful and trustworthy God has been to me and my family with provision, healing, and miracles. During the two years where I had 6 surgeries that included testicular cancer surgery, 4 knee surgeries, and 2 knee replacements, God continued to remain faithful, as always!
A Look Back on 16 Years in Scotland
Here are a few of my favourite memories so far:
- Baptism and worship with 60 friends and family in our back garden, including the first Nepalese in our church to give his life to Jesus. And yes, we cooked tacos for everyone.
- Hosting a team of 16 for 2 weeks from YWAM Maui School of Worship in our home.
- Friday Family Nights of up to 20-25 international students each week. Great conversations, pizzas and a movie.
- Part of teams planting 3 new churches, and blessed to help lead and pastor each.
- Hosting and leading multicultural community (house) groups in our home weekly of 20-25 people from various nations around the world.
- Organising a charity dinner in a local pub for an orphanage in Africa called Naomi’s Village, and cooking with Jacob a Tex Mex meal for 60 guests.
- Baptising some very special new followers of Jesus.
- YWAM Shine outreaches in the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
- Leading mission trips to Morocco and Poland, and participating in a Vineyard pastors/leaders mission trip to South Africa.
- Privileged to continue to be part of an awesome organisation, Bethany Christian Trust as a Deputy Manager for Bethany Homes participating in seeing lives transformed through Christian LOVE IN ACTION as I get to help provide homes for homeless and vulnerable people.
- Bethany Christian Trust. Confidentiality prohibits me from sharing any of the stories of the people I get to help, but if you knew, you could understand the massive JOY that fills my heart daily serving the homeless and vulnerable in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Last May, Debbie had the opportunity to move on from working with Bethany Christian Trust after 11 1/2 years, and since then, she continues to love her ministry post with the Scottish Bible Society.
- Our family continues to grow with Joshua and Meghan, Jacob and Stephanie (and the boys). Debbie and I are thankful for our two additional daughters, and are looking forward to being MeMaw and PaPaw to three handsome boys.
- Hannah continues to study Film & Media and English Literature at University of Stirling and is in her 3rd year. I am proud to say that some of her films have been award winning.
“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;”. Isaiah 61:1 ESV